- ALL BASKETBALL IS CANCELED FOR DECEMBER 10TH.
- Important SAP Issue Continues and Needs Attention!! - It is a continuing problem with some dog owners are not following the rules at Sweet Air Park about keeping their dog leashed and cleaning up after their dogs. ALL DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AND MUST BE CLEANED UP AFTER WHEN USING SWEET AIR PARK. If the problem continues,and it seems to be the case, then decisions will have to be made moving forward, one being considered is banning all dogs from the park at all times with enforcement. We also have many walkers that use the walking path and do not wish to encounter what you and your dog leave behind. Please bring a bag with you to pick up after your dog and make sure they are leashed at all times. Please help keep our park clean and safe for everyone if you want to continue to enjoy the park with your dog.
- CMRC Would Like to Thank Lax Splash/Aloha Tournaments for the generous contribution to the CMRC general fund. Aloha Tournaments support for CMRC has remained steadfast. Brine Lax Splash was created in 1999 as a year end celebration for local, and not so local, recreation lacrosse teams. Over the years it has hosted over 50,000 players and has served as Carroll Manor Recreation Council's #1 fundraiser.
- Registration fee payment policy per the CMRC Board - Registration
fees must be paid at the time of registration on line. If you opt out
of payment at the time of registration your registration will be canceled
by the system automatically and will not show up on our registration
list. You must be registered and paid to be allowed to participate in
any practice or game. After payment is completed please click on "Return to CMRC..." to get your final confirmation screen, that updates and completes your registration payment in the CMRC system. If you have any issues, questions, or problems
about registration please contact Lisa Hosier.
- CMRC Soccer Girls U10 Carroll Manor Galaxy Undefeated! - Our girls U10 travel team led by Coach Ryan Stambaugh and Assistant Coach Stephan Szoke went undefeated this season in their CMSA division. Great achievement girls! You worked so hard throughout the season! Keep up the great work! Hope you are as proud as your coaches and parents! Want to see the team, click here!
- CARROLL MANOR GIRLS FIELD HOCKEY SHINES IN FIRST TOURNAMENT!! - Carroll Manor's 3rd/4th grade Field Hockey team competed in the Harford Hockey Fest, October 5th, and came away with a 2nd place medal for their day-long efforts against some very tough competition. Congrats girls!!! Click here for winning team picture!
- Carroll Manor U10 BSC Rapids, led by Coach Jerry Tana and Chip Pierce, win Championship at LTRC Challenge Cup! Click here to see more! Also, U10 BSC RAPIDS ARE RANKED! GOTSOCCER.com rankings have been released. Go to rankings, Scroll to boys,U10 and Region 1. Our very own Carroll Manor affiliated U10 BSC RAPIDS, led by Coach Jerry Tana and Assistant Chip Pierce, have been ranked #15 in the state of Maryland. The boys have achieved this ranking whilst playing in a fierce U11 Division of the Baltimore Beltway League. Excellent work boys! Keep it up!
- CMRC Girls Lacrosse - Registration for 2014 Girls Spring lax closed on 10/31/2013 for Lightning, Midgets and Juniors. The other age group registrations, Clinic and Tyker will start 9/23/2013 for the spring and remain open through 1/31/14. Fees will be $130.00. Clinic is $50.Evaluations will be done in Feb prior to the season and the dates have not been determined as of yet. We will reach out in January to set the dates. More details will be provided in email to those registered. Please contact Jim Metzbower with any program questions at Jim Metzbower. Click here to register on line.
Age determinations for Spring 2014:
Clinic - (DOB 9/1/2006 - 8/31/2008) - K and 1st Grade
Tykers - (DOB 9/1/2004 - 8/31/2006) - 2nd and 3rd Grade
Lightning - (DOB 9/1/2002 - 8/31/2004) - 4th and 5th Grade
Midgets - (DOB - 9/1/2000 - 8/31/2002) - 6th and 7th Grade
Juniors - (DOB - 9/1/1998 - 8/31/2000) - 8th Grade & 9th Grade (Cannot be playing for a HS team)
- CMRC 2014 Boys Spring Lacrosse - Registration for 2014 Boys Spring lax has closed for Lightning, Midgets and Juniors. The other age group registrations, Soft Stick, Clinic and Tyker startedt 9/16/2013 for the spring and will remain open through 1/31/14. Fees will be $130.00 for all groups except Soft Stick and Clinic that fee will be $50. CALLING GOALIES - MIDGET B is still looking for a GOALIE! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Robert Bowman. Click here to register on line.
Age determinations for Spring 2014:
Soft Stick (DOB 9/1/2007 - 8/31/2008) - Kindergarten
Clinic - (DOB 9/1/2006 - 8/31/2007) - K and 1st Grade
Tykers - (DOB 9/1/2004 - 8/31/2006) - 2nd and 3rd Grade
- 2013/2014 Basketball Registration is on waitlist except for clinic - Evaluations are completed, teams are being formed, check with your age group travel coach, inhouse coach or inhouse commissioner listed on the basketball page for updates. NOTE: Regular registrations ended 9/30, the late fee has started. Reminder- Late registration runs until November 7 at which time your player(s) will be placed on the waitlist, until we can place her or him on a team. UPDATED!!--You may withdraw your player at any time up to November 30 , and receive a full refund for all ages except clinic. We will not refund registration fees after November 30 for all ages if you want to withdraw from the program. Clinic can withdraw with full refund until Jan 4th. After Jan 4 there will be no refunds if you want to withdraw from the basketball clinic program.
See basketball page for fees and dates and travel coach information. Click here to register.
- CMRC Fitness - Winter session starts January 5th. Register by December 14th for a discount - $5 off your total for current members, 10% off your total for new members. Deadline for discounts is December 14th. Classes being offered include Zumba, Pilates, Strength Training, Aerobics, and Yoga classes. Work at your own level in a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. See
Fitness webpage for more information see flyer and mail in registration form.
- CMRC Dance - Parents are you looking for something affordable, fun and exciting for your child during Christmas Break? Well Carroll Manor Dance has your solution! Nutcracker Camp will whisk your ballerina away to the Kingdom of the Sweets. Camp also includes ballet technique, new steps learned through a classic Christmas carol, a fancy tea party, exciting camp games and crafts! See dance page on camps and workshops for more information.
- CMRC Karate - New Session Starts Jan 6. Try it for FREE!! Attend two classes and then decide!! Try it for Free Flyer!! click here!! The CMRC Karate Program holds classes at the
Sweet Air Park Recreation Center at 3605 Sweet Air Road and is open
to everyone 8 years and up. Families are encouraged to learn together
by taking classes together. No experience is necessary. To join and
begin your experience, contact the CMRC Karate Program Director, Fred
Figlewski at 410-785-1785. See
program information flyer or martial
arts page for details
- Winter Arts Camp - December 26-27 and 30-31 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM Sweet Air Park for Ages 7 – 1. 4 Cost is $80.00 per person. Limited Enrollment Featuring Resident Artist David Cunningham teaching DRAWING & SCULPTURE FROM NATURE. Students will draw from nature forms and also create their own models made from paper and clay. Special emphasis will be placed on creative problem solving using observation to inspire illustrations made using watercolor, pencil and ink. We are thrilled to have Mr. Cunningham back. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Cunningham. Class limited to 15 students. Click here for mail in registration form.
- NEW!! Snow Club - CMRC in conjunction with LTRC offers fellow High School and Middle School students interested in skiing or snowboarding this winter to join their friends on the slopes.
Questions? Please see the LTRC Snow club webpage for more details http://ltrc.org ot http://www.freewebs.com/ltrc_snowclub/ or see flyer.
- CMRC Ladies Tennis -If you are interested in playing, please contact Irene Dietrich at for more information and a registration form.
- Programs at all locations are dependent upon the implementation of the snow emergency plan. If the snow emergency plan is in effect 1 hour prior to the start of the program then the program will be canceled. You can check the status of the snow emergency plan here: http://www.chart.state.md.us/StormInfo/snow_emergency_plans.asp
In 1999 Baltimore County Bureau of Parks and Recreation celebrated
its 50th anniversary. It was also Carroll Manor Recreation Council's
50th anniversary! In April of 1949, CMRC was one of the original
13 recreation councils in Baltimore County. The original recreation
councils included Banneker, Catonsvillle, Cockeysville, Dundalk,
Fullerton, Loch Raven, Parkville, Pikesville, Liberty Road, Ridgeleigh,
Stoneleigh and Turner Station. CMRC is proud to bring Long Green
Valley a variety of youth and adult recreational programs.
If you have any general questions via email please refer them
If you are interested in participating in any activities, or wish
to volunteer some of your time, please call Kandice Kepner or Gussie
Price at 410-887-8207 for information. Council
meetings are held the second Thursday of every month at 8:15 PM.
Our registration fee payment policy has changed. With any program
registering on line you must pay at the time of registration on
line by credit card or E-check through paypal or your registration
will be canceled, you WILL NOT be registered. You must be registered
and paid to be listed on the roster of players and to be allowed
to participate in practices or games. If you have questions or issues with
registration or fee payment, please contact Lisa Hosier at as soon as possible.
Carroll Manor Recreation Council
Sweet Air Park
3605 Sweet Air Road
Phoenix, MD 21131